We are hiring!
Paul Penna (Cobalt) Library is hiring!
We are filling 3 different positions.
Job summary for all positions include:
Assisting with website development and running the day-to-day operations of the library; such as answering patrons’ questions, assisting in curbside pickup, shelving items, faxing, photocopying and any other duties as directed by the Co-Ordinator and Librarian/CEO
– must meet Canada Summer Student requirements
– must not be in receipt of EI benefits while participating in the Project
– Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at time of intake
– Well developed planning, organizing and administrative skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent computer and information technology skills
– Excellent skills in relating and communicating with people
– Ability to clear police check
All positions are 30 hours a week for 9 weeks duration
Start date to be determined
Specific Positions Qualifications:
Archivist – 1 position
Responsible for the digital archiving of all the library’s digital files as well as scanning hard copies of photos and files. The digital archive will be cataloged in in-house software and uploaded to the website. WordPress and web design knowledge is an asset.
Main tasks include:
- Researching photos in digital collection to ensure accurate cataloging
- Catalogue all digital archives into in-house cataloging software
- Adding all digital archives to the website
- Working with local history groups
- Working as team player as well as independently
Programming Manager – 1 position
Do you have a knack for telling a good story? Are you passionate about working with people of all ages to create and nurture community-inspired connections and conversations through high-quality, innovative public programming? Are you eager to connect with people and provide customer excellence? Do you love finding the right book, app or podcast recommendation for your friends and family? Do you enjoy making a positive impact in your community with every personal interaction?
If you are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and innovative programming and you enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then we would love to hear from you!
Main tasks include:
- Program development for all ages under the guidance and direction of a Coordinator or Librarian/CEO
- Planning and delivery of programming and outreach
- Provide routing technology and social media support
- Working within and balancing a small programming budget
- Provide Readers’ advisory and information service to the public
Social Media Community Manager – 1 position
We are currently looking to expand our social media presence and are looking for a strong candidate who will bring this project to fruition.
Main tasks include:
- Create concise, eye-catching, and creative social posts that engages audience on various social platforms – Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other platforms as needed for our social media.
- Communicate with social media followers in a timely manner.
- Promote posts on Instagram & Facebook.
- Develop a social media calendar that boosts following and engagement.
- Manage website with up-to-date content.
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and strategies to create graphics and other social content that generates new leads, followers and increases our brand engagement.
- general office admin during downtime. MUST be a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent written grammar.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Photography, Photoshop & Graphic Design an asset
- Experience with videography & video editing, also an asset
Working Conditions for all positions:
30 hours a week in a library setting requiring the ability to organize and prioritize time and work effectively. Will have on-site supervision on a regular basis while being required to work independently or with co-workers much of the time. Will carry out other duties essential to the position as directed by the Coordinator and Librarian/CEO
Contract length: 9 weeks
Application deadline: May 14, 2021 by 4pm
Please submit your cover letter and resume, stating which position you are applying for, to:
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Day shift
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Curbside pickup is every Tuesday and Thursday from 12-3p.m. You can place a hold on the item you are looking for through our online catalogue, by giving us a call or sending us an email. We look forward to seeing you!
Our online library is open 24/7. Just follow this link to OverDrive.
Curbside Pickup Hours: Due to COVID-19
Dog tags are available for pick up Tuesday and Thursday between 12-3pm. Please call ahead so that all the paperwork can be completed over the phone to limit contact.
Social Media Links: